Vittorio Di Mango is an Italian producer and DJ born in Trani, a small city in the south of Italy. Vittorio’s first approach to electronic music was in 2012 when he played in clubs in his city. In 2014 Vittorio started to find himself in to Techno music by taking part as a resident DJ in a local organisation called White XXX which later led him to play alongside artists such as D. Carbone, Ascion, Wrong assessment, Dax J, PVS, AnD, Phase Fatale, and Samuel Kerridge. His musical sets are characterized by a weaving of modern Techno with sounds such as acid, industrial and ebm.
His Debut EP “Wrong Definition” released on Amok Tape, is a release where Vittorio fusing his own vision of acidify Electronic Body Music and a sort of post-apocalyptic techno. A kind of tension and panic is creating in the composition of his productions that reminds quickly some early cyber-punk, movie soundtracks. This is not the first time we’ve issued this point about Italian artists who are going through the soundtracks aesthetic (Violet Poison, Morkebla) no surprise, that the Italian cinemas has got a strong history and might influence it all in a large way.
Subtly martial, driving rhythm, we can not help thinking away from certain early tracks of Monolith In Vittorio’s producions.
– Alan Vega + Pan Sonic – Resurrection River
– Grauzone – Kälte Kriecht (Alessandro Adriani remix)
– Not Waving – I Know I Know I Know
– Alexey Volkov – Ruins
– Slugbug – Statues
– Synths Versus Me ⩤ 1987 ⩥
– The Hacker – Radiation
– Vittorio Di Mango – Unreleased
– Esplendor Geometrico-Rotor (Broken English Club Remix)
– SARIN – Dimension
– Inhalt – Occupation
– Codex Empire – Three Points of Light
– Unhuman – Alle tot Alle Verfault
– Ontal – Mehanizam
– Umwelt – Parc Expo Hall 02
– Phase Fatale – Under Marble
– Kirlian Camera – Erinnerung (Alternative Mix)
– Klangstabil – Math and Emotion